What I've learned

 Today I will be talking about what I learned in chapters 1, 2, & 3 of "Social Media for Strategic Communicators". 

One of the interesting facts that I learned was that social media is a science. It involves research and knowing how to research. If you want to be outstanding at social media you must be able to familiarize yourself with statistics, Excel, spreadsheets, data, and other mathematical elements. I had no idea how important it was to understand how to work with mathematical elements. Social media professionals seem to do more than I thought.

Another interesting fact is how important creativity is. It is obvious how valuable creative content is, but it can be hard coming up with new ideas every day. I see my favorite YouTubers who make so much content every day and I give them props. It seems highly difficult to put out quality and creative content each day.

Another interesting concept from the chapters was the goals of social media and what it is about. The chapter explains that the primary goal of social media is not to generate FOMO (fear of missing out). However, there are so many influencers who I feel do this to their followers every day. On Instagram, you see influencers always on vacations and going to the best food spots with the best outfits. It makes me think how much those influencers understand the real reason behind social media and the real goal. 

Overall, the chapters were very interesting and taught me a lot more than I knew before. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers Brother!

TikTok? Musically? Vine?