TikTok? Musically? Vine?

 Have any of you heard of TikTok? Chances are you probably have, or at least know someone that has the app. Almost everyone with a smartphone is obsessed with this new app that brings together always every aspect of social media. Challenges are usually the first thing people think of when they hear TikTok. That's because there are always new trends and challenges that users try. Most of the time they are pretty funny and engaging. The challenges really create a community and a sense of inclusiveness. TikTok is also extremely easy to use and has it's own video editing software with many filters and voice changes available. I would say the best thing about TikTok is the content. There are so many creative people who make paintings, sing, play instruments, design clothes, etc. There have been many people who have grown their popularity on the app just by sharing their art. There are now social media influencers who have risen to fame because of the app. 

All of this is great but I have definitely heard of something really similar.. hmm.. Musically? It was the exact same app and in fact, is owned by the same company. The company decided to rebrand and create TikTok. Musically was also a place for content creators to share funny videos, artistic videos, singing videos, etc. It was taken down after a while and then TikTok appeared sometime after. Musically did the same thing by helping promote creators into big stars.

Even before there was musically, there was vine. Vine was a huge piece of my childhood and I can recall so many vines to this day. Vine was everything TikTok and Musically was combined. It was by far the funniest app at the time. Everyone wanted it if they didn't have it. Looking back on all of these different variations of one app, I can see that creating an app where individuals can watch short videos is what everyone is interested in these days and has been for a long time. It is interesting to see the innovation and evolution of all of these apps. Especially seeing all the amazing creators become stars.

Comments

  1. Ohhh Tik Tok. Believe me when I say that I am addicted. I never had vine and I didn't really use Musically but Tik Tok is just bad for me. I spend HOURS every single day on there. I just find all the videos so funny so I just lay in my bed at 3AM dying laughing. I agree that it is extremely easy to use. Both of my parents have it and when I send them one, its just one click of a button and boom there it is. Fun fact about me, I consider myself Tik Tok famous because I got 3k views one time! And now that you mention it, I am going to go watch it now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers Brother!

What I've learned